Winning Mentality Separates Manchester United From 'Big Four' - Patrice Evra

The Frenchman has proclaimed that the club's winning mentality is the difference between the Red Devils and the other top sides in the Premier League...
Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra has said that the difference between the Red Devils and the rest of the 'Big Four' is the desire to keep winning at the highest level.

"I think the difference between us and the other three of the so-called Big Four in England is that we are totally and utterly fixated by our major objective, which is to win the title again and again," Evra told The Sun.

"It's easy to win a title but the tough thing is to retain it.

"So to lift the Premier League trophy three or four times on the trot is a hugely impressive achievement."

The France international revealed that he looks up to manager Sir Alex Ferguson and expressed his loyalty to the red half of Manchester.

"For players like me, Sir Alex is like a kind of grandfather to us," he remarked.

"He's really attached to his players and protects us well.

"But he does everything remorselessly well and expects us to follow that example. United is my family, it has a massive history and every time I pull on this shirt I feel like I'm carrying that history on my back.

"All the ex-players here are treated like legends when they come and take their seat in the stand, and that's how I hope I'll be regarded when I finish at Old Trafford."

'Fergie' and his 'grandchildren' will take on Arsenal at Old Trafford on Saturday.

No comments: