Man Utd legend Beckham: I told Keane to take Galaxy pen


LA Galaxy ace David Beckham insists it was HIS idea for Robbie Keane to take their late spotkick to seal the MLS Cup final against Houston Dynamo.
The former Tottenham and Liverpool striker duly converted to complete the 3-1 triumph.
Manchester United legend Beckham could've crowned his Galaxy career with the spotkick, but insisted: “I told Landon to take it but he said he was too tired. So I told him to let Robbie take it because I didn’t want it as I’ve missed a few over the years.
“All I wanted was to win the game. It’s not about me taking a penalty to top things off.
“Being successful doesn’t come easy. I tell my children every day that if you want to be a success it’s hard graft.”

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-legend-beckham-i-told-keane-take-galaxy-pen-3670191#6DZCIAGu8loVExoc.99 

No comments: